SYP Internship Program Information Sheet: Businesses
The SYP (Society of Young Professionals chapter of SIAWE) is excited to introduce our upcoming Internship Program, designed to facilitate growth for young professionals entering the workforce and help offset their careers as well as provide valuable support to businesses across the Texas area.
- Objective: The SYP Internship Program aims to connect young professionals with internship opportunities that align with their career aspirations. It serves as a platform for personal and professional development while benefiting local businesses.
- Intern Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum GPA or a graduating GPA of 2.5.
- Be an active SYP member.
- Adhere to a code of conduct set by the program.
- Possess reliable transportation for commuting to the internship site.
- Business Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the program, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Company should be legally registered in the United States.
- Business should have tools needed to accomplish work.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to fair hiring practices as outlined by state law
- The experience should be to learn and train. The intern should not replace an existing employee’s job.
Internship opportunities will be posted on the SYP website and applicants will apply to those that match their professional interests and skillset.
- The SYP will act solely as a bridge between applicants and potential employers, facilitating the initial connection.
- It is the responsibility of the employer to conduct interviews and background checks, as well as select their intern using their standard in-house selection process.
- Enrollment opens March 15 and the application deadline is April 15. Employers will interview their qualified candidates and report accepted interns to the SYP by May 15.
- Employers have the flexibility to decide whether they offer paid or unpaid internships. However, the SYP strongly recommends providing interns with a daily stipend to cover transportation and food expenses, demonstrating a commitment to their well-being.
- The SYP Internship Program is set to launch in the summer of 2024, providing opportunities for young graduates to gain valuable experience during the summer months and beyond.
Calling All Businesses:
- We are currently seeking qualified businesses in the Texas area that are interested in hosting interns for the summer or longer. Partnering with the SYP will not only help your organization by bringing in fresh talent but will also contribute to the development of young professionals within the Iranian-American community.
- All professions welcome: STEM, Marketing, Real Estate, Hospitality, Consumer Products, Restaurants, Medical, Oil & Gas, Finance etc…
Forms for Businesses: Due March 05, 2024
To express your interest in hosting an intern, please contact:
Angela Ebrahimi 713-315-1837 or Roxana Kouros 713-591-4463
Together, we can create a brighter future for young professionals in Texas!
Join us in shaping the future of our workforce through the SYP Internship Program. Don’t miss this opportunity to make a positive impact on both your career and your business!